Friday, September 25, 2009

Our hero claims power over weather

OK, here's one: I don't have central air. I cool my house in the summer with two window air conditioners, one on each floor. This summer has been a godsend - cool enough that the units were rarely used. I mean, like maybe two weeks total. They've been off for the last month, since we got back from vacation (see also: torn meniscus).

So on Tuesday this week, I spend the morning putting the air conditioners away for the year. And no sooner do I finish and change my sweaty t-shirt, the humidity jumps 30 percent and the temperature goes into the 80's for the rest of the week. How does that happen every single year?!!

I'll bet if I left them in until Christmas we could have Orlando in central Illinois: 70 degree weather in December.

UPDATE: I turned the furnace on today, so nighttime highs will probably shoot into the seventies...

No comments:

Post a Comment